Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Advent Calendar - Day #3 {Buy Christmas Tree}


It has always been our dream to go and cut down our Christmas tree ourselves. I have great memories of doing that as a kid at my grandparents house in PA. I remember going out behind their house, picking out the perfect tree and then walking or riding - maybe even driving - the tractor with the tree in the wagon pulled behind. For some reason I never remember the cutting or the loading - probably because I chose not to participate in those parts. Now that I'm an adult, those are the things we think about, right?!

Anyway, there really aren't many places (that I could find) that you can still cut down your own tree. Instead we opted for Lowes. Good as a tree as any. It hasn't been decorated yet (Day #7) but is just sitting in water with the hopes that any and all bugs inside of it will politely make their exit before we drag the tree into our house.





I've also failed to mention that we have been hiding our moose for Elianna to find each morning. We began this tradition before 1) we had Elianna and 2) the Elf on the Shelf became popular. After he is found each morning, we do a little moose dance. Here's where he has been hiding...



1 comment:

Grape News said...

Oh my word! The hat cracks me up! Remember the elf mom had growing up? It was popular when we were younger!