Several months ago a friend of mine from our Sunday Night Church approached me and asked if I would like to be part of a preschool co-op. There are 3 other moms involved making it a total of 4 kids involved. We had a small Christmas party which I, for some reason, offered to plan it all. So being the ingenious person that I am, I turned to Pinterest for ideas. And good ideas they were! I had a craft planned, a snack (that had to be gluten free, dairy free and peanut free), the Christmas story along with a nativity to act it out and decorate cookies.
Let's start with the fact that it snowed maybe ... maybe ... a 1/4 inch that morning. Well, you would think we didn't live in a state that actually got snow by the way everyone was driving. It took me over an hour to go what normally takes me 15 minutes. Seriously people?!? I understand safe snow driving but after the first 2 cars drove over the snow, I'm sure it was melted and gone. Stress!
When we finally got there, we started with the craft. We mixed equal parts glue and shaving cream to make a snowman on construction paper that would dry puffy. Cute, huh? I have no idea if it dried puffy or not. The kids decided that it was more fun to put said concoction on their hands and clap their hands together which in turned caused shaving cream (and glue) to splatter everywhere. But in the spirit of it not being my house, they had fun with it!
We than moved on to our snack of banana slices, pretzel sticks, mini chocolate chips and raisins. Put all together they turn into cute delicious and healthy snacks.
Next, we moved on to reading the Christmas story with a nativity set to help us. However, the boys thought it more fun to destroy the stables (it was a building block nativity set - super cool!).
Finally we arrived at decorating cookies. Oh the fun they had! Well, the fun was mostly in eating the sprinkles. At one point, Nathan was seen eating handfuls of sprinkles.
Titus
Nathan
Abigail
Over all, the moms had fun socializing while our children ate lots of sugar and sprinkles! Good times had by all!


















No comments:
Post a Comment