Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Advent


This year while we will try to do Advent activities most nights, it's not going to be every night.  For several reasons among which is our schedules are just not allowing it.  Chris will be out of town for 5 days and 1 day later Elianna, my mom and I will be out of town for 5 days.  Add in our day to day activities, whew! it's just too much!

However, we are trying to do some Advent reading with Elianna.  I recently found a great Advent reading from GoodMorningGirls.org that has an Advent guide for adults and one for children {click here}.  So far, I have enjoyed it and have loved reading and helping Elianna understand the Christmas story and the season of Advent just a bit more.

It is there that I found this wonderful video explaining Advent in a fun and creative way.  {Click here to go to the YouTube video.  For some reason it wasn't showing the whole video when I tried to upload it}  I also learned about the purple and pink candles.  I love how the purple totally ties into the purple from Easter.  Brings it all together.

There is also an Advent guide that not a daily reading/activity but focuses more on weekend activities and readings.  {Click here}  I think this activity guide is more what our church will be doing in part.

While we will still do some Advent activities, I think our focus this year is less on filling our days trying to get these activities done because that's what your supposed to do and more on the

Expectant Waiting
Hopeful Anticipation
Cheerful Preparation

No comments: