This year I am determined to not get too far behind on our Advent Calendar activities. Because we were gone for the weekend (different post for a different day), we are already sorta kinda behind with not doing our Advent Wreath. Read: we didn't do it at all mainly because I have no idea where the wreath and candles are in the garage. Spelunking is on my to-do list for today.
We, however, did do our first Elves visit last night after we got back in town. Last year we had 4 people and 3 neighbors we gave gifts to. This year we simply have 2 people and while we enjoy doing it so much, I'm glad it's just 2 this crazy holiday time.
The first family we picked was a lady who Chris used to work with at Starbucks. She does not have any form of social media so we have no idea if she got it or what she thought of it. The second family we picked is a couple from our church. Right away there has been drama surrounding it. Apparently their neighbor saw Chris with his ski mask on. That has been the drama. The family called the police because they were freaked out and were advised to throw the hot chocolate mix out which they did. Even after they were assured by the church Elders that it had been done before, they were still "freaked out by the prank" and they "don't like pranks". It has been frustrating to us to watch a couple not be thankful that someone was doing something nice for them but instead focus on someone wearing a mask. If the neighbor had not seen "the mask", I wonder if the outcome would be any different? Ah well.
As you probably guessed, the first Elves gift was hot cocoa mix. With all our running around trying to get everything done to go away, I forgot to take a picture of them. I must say that I do so love the tags that went on them.







1 comment:
So they were worried even with a nice note? I'm not thinking if there was ill will meant that a nice note would have been included.
Post a Comment