The wedding was over. We had fun at the Trenton Thunder game. And now began our time of visiting with various and a sundry people that we wanted to see while we were in NJ. Monday morning though, our first stop was to see my Toree. I miss having "her" close by to where I can visit her whenever.
We also stopped by to visit some friends, Sam and Ann. While there, they mentioned their granddaughter would be by later in the afternoon so after our family pictures {next post}, we came back to Elianna could play with Olivia. Elianna enjoyed riding around chatting it up with Olivia in her cool pink car.
Dinner was with Tom, Cheri and Abigail at Longhorn Steakhouse. It was our typical dinner with Tom and Cheri - a little bit of theology, a little bit of crazyness, some more theology and some catching up. I've decided they need to move closer!
Tuesday we were supposed to meet my friend, Jeannie for breakfast but earlier Chris meet up with a friend, Gil, for coffee. However, a 10 minute down the road excersion with Gil ended up being much longer than anticipated so it became more like brunch with Jeannie. Thanks Jeannie for being so understanding! Love and miss you!
Wednesday my Chris left bright and early to head back to CO. Poor guy had to get back to work. But Elianna and I didn't let that stop us from having fun and seeing even more people. We meet up with a (former) teen, Mary, at Friendlys. It makes ministry so worth it when you go back and hear how teens are doing years after they are out of youth group. She warms my heart.
After lunch, during naptime and before dinner, another friend, Jackie, texted and asked if I could meet up with her at Starbucks. Of course! Ate a quick bite for dinner and back out the door for church. No rest for the weary. Well worth the rushing!
Thursday I meet my friend, Jan for lunch at our favorite lunch date restaurant, the Cranberry Inn. Jan is so full of energy and I love sitting and talking to her.
The interesting thing about these ladies I meet with over those 3 days (with the exception of Mary) is that they are all 20 to 40 years older than me. Godly ladies who have each in their own way been an influence in my life. I value each of their friendships and am so thankful to have gotten to sit down and talk with each of them.
Monday, July 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
part 7? Wow! You go girl!
Post a Comment