Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter 2012 - Part 3

This Easter we attempted some new traditions in addition to the Resurrection Eggs. On Friday we made Hot Cross Buns which is a tradition that we will not be carrying on. They were dry and a bit bland for our palate. They had quite a bit of spices in them, but just didn't thrill our souls to the very depths. Plus after making resurrection eggs and cinnamon rolls, we really don't need another sweet thing in the house.


Saturday evening we made resurrection cookies which we were also a bit disappointed with. They were not as hollow as I would prefer. It may have just been 1) my plopping technique onto the cookie sheet OR 2) the fact that it was the second batch and I was tired. Our first attempt, I put the nuts in right away. My recipe didn't specify otherwise and I didn't really think about it. Egg whites don't fluff up very good with chunks of nuts in them. On to attempt #2 it was. I have the most humorous picture of Elianna beating the nuts but I am going to save it for another day (read: another day when I have nothing else to say so I will simply put pictures up).


Sunday morning, Elianna opened the oven while we finished the resurrection story to her. She also had a few gifts to open from Uncle Marky Mark and Aunt Rhonda as well as from my mom. She received horses, flashcards and candy from M&R and stickers, watering can and cute outfits from my mom. Grandmother also sent her an adorable Easter card.






This year it was just us for dinner (compared to last year it was nice!) so we simply had a ham steak cooked in peach jam, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole and banana pudding. I ate too much! That's how good it all tasted to me!


We also made cinnamon rolls that were intended for Easter breakfast. Due to a rather busy schedule which included Chris working Saturday, we saved them for Monday morning breakfast. They are The Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls and are simply delicious!


My friend Karan went to visit Toree and took her a beautiful Easter cross that her son picked out. Beautiful and so thoughtful!


At Story Time (the week before Easter), instead of a story and songs, they decorated Easter eggs. It was a fun craft but I think a few of the children were disappointed that there was no story or songs. Next time kiddos!


And that concludes our Easter 2012 activities. Happy Easter!

No comments: