Friday, April 27, 2012

Consignment

This post was all written out and ready to go and then BAM! it posted with no content no pictures no nothing. Blah! Try #2.

Last week at Story Time, my new friend, Andrea, gave me a ticket to get in early at a huge consignment sale. When I say huge, I mean the biggest one I have ever seen! It is at the arena where Denver's annual stock show is held. So not only was it huge but it was an OCD person's heaven! It was so well organized that I simply stood in awe when I walked in. It was beautiful!

The sale is held every 6 months so most (pretty much all) of the items for sale were for spring/summer. It is mainly baby items, but they have clothes all the way up to teens. Guess where we will be going every 6 months? Yup! The only downside is the $5 parking fee and if you donate, volunteer, are a 1st time mom, military or have a friend who gives you a pass (like I got), you don't have to pay the $2 entrance fee. I guess $5 to save a whole bunch isn't too bad.

I got Elianna quite a few things: imitation crocs, hat, swimsuit, swimsuit with floaties in it, 3 sets of sleeping clothes, big girl underwear (which I checked for stains), dress, shirt, Leap Frog video, toddler yoga video, and portable toilet seat. My favorite deals are: 1) the imitation crocs - she also has a pair of pink ones from Target and she switches between the two constantly. We are living in crocs this summer! 2) dress - I am planning on having a Minnie Mouse party for her birthday this year and this dress jumped out at me and said "Minnie Mouse!" 3) portable toilet seat - it folds all up and fits (in a plastic bag after being wiped off with sanitizer wipes) inside my purse. No more touching the nasty potties! Wahooo!






No comments: