Monday, April 23, 2012

Fun Times

Last week Chris was gone Monday thru Wednesday for a conference in Nebraska.  While he was gone, I decided to schedule some special things so 1) it would be some special Elianna and I time and 2) it would help with keeping me sane. Elianna thrives on being out and about - social like her father.

Confession: I have been a bit slack in school. Not really sure why, but we are picking it back up. Because of my slackness, we are reviewing the letters we previously learned before starting on the new ones. This week we reviewed the letter A - A is for alligator, A is for apple, A is for avocado. Avocado - weird, right? We love love love avocados so it was pretty appropriate for our family. But back to our fun adventure. Because we were reviewing A, Monday we decided to go to Bass Pro Shop and look at the Animals. Bass Pro Shop is probably one of Elianna's favoritest places to go! She loves animals and enjoyed running around looking at all the different ones, watching the fish, riding the glass elevator, and going in and out of the tents amiss sleeping in the cots.











I also tried to use a free drink certificate from Starbucks. It's for April 23-26. Brilliant, huh? Thankfully, the barista was a girl from our church so we just chatted with her before leaving the store empty handed. Guess we will be going back next week. Duh!

Tuesday morning we Oovoo-ed with Grammy who was so patient and kind to listen to Elianna serenade her with a piano. Elianna's favorite song to sing to Grammy right now is "Boo-boo". It goes a little like this: "boo-boo. boo-boo. boo-boo. (etc etc and etc)." I have no idea where it came from but it's a little weird in my book! 

That day was all about apples so we headed to Whole Foods over in Glendale and shopped for some, yup you guessed it, apples. They have these adorable kid-sized grocery carts that Elianna loved to push all over the store. The bad thing about these carts is that all the wheels are free moving. Meaning none of them just go straight - they all go wherever the child pushes them. Thus a small fast moving child pushing a cart that goes wherever running willy nilly over the healthy people store.



Wednesday we studied avocado and although I had read somewhere that you could freeze avocados, we quickly realized that fact is simply untrue. Sadly we did not get to have the guacamole that was planned. And, although most of you will simply not care, Sprouts (a farmers type market) only had severely overripe (read mushy) avocados for sale. Now since I have been thinking so much about it, I really really want some guacamole!

Wednesday is also library Story Time and check out books and movies time. Being the cool mom that I am, we checked out "The Toothfairy 2". Please people, save your time. Dumb dumb dumb.

Wednesday was also the day The Papi Man came home and boy we were excited!  I hate it when he is gone for a couple days like that! I don't sleep so well for one thing. Last few nights - slept like a rock!

Bottom line: Elianna and I had some fun memory making time together but we are sure thankful Chris is home!

No comments: