This year for Snow Camp we went to Stroudsburg, Pa. Yes, we had no snow for Snow Camp but that was more than ok with me. Normally when we go to Snow Camp someone else is in charge and our group just attends. However, this year Chris was in charge of Snow Camp. This makes for very stressful times not only during the weekend but also the week leading up to Snow Camp. We were up many late nights trying to get everything together and making sure everything was correct. Ahh! So we started out the weekend tired!
Friday night we did not do too much - ate a "snack" and attended Session #1. This year's theme was on friends and making sure they are in the right order in your life (God, Family and then Friends). The first night I went to bed about 12 am and around 3:30 am, I was awakened by a group across the hall and a group upstairs from my room. I kindly went and told both to turn their light off and go to sleep. The group across the hall did so - the group upstairs . . . nope. I trugged once again up the stairs and this time (firmly) they must turn their light off. Guess they did but then again I wouldn't know because I fell back into bed.
Saturday was a small group session and a Session #2 at night. In between was breakfast, lunch, games and free time. That night I went to bed around 12 am but this time didn't hear anyone - even when my girls came into our room! Yay!
Sunday we had our last session and then we came home. As usual there was the typical drama but no one was seriously hurt nor did anyone end up going to the hospital. Praise God!
The teens have said that they learned much from the weekend and had an enjoyable time (even without snow)! We only pray that their decisions will not just take them into next week but a life style.





1 comment:
i love snow camp!!
Post a Comment