Monday, March 6, 2017

New Beginnings

Well, it's been over a year since I've posted. It's been said many times but this is my sorta scrapbook and sadly, I've missed a whole year of stuff. Now that the new baby is coming, I really really need to get back into if only for myself. Yes, I'm the mom who can never remember how much her babies weighed or measured at birth unless I come on here to see. Bad, I know. It's another reason why I want to get back to this. So we'll start at the new baby. Yay!




We found out in October that we were going to be having another baby after 7 years. It was a surprise in that I didn't expect to actually get pregnant again. We had been praying and talking about having another kiddo but the fact that it went off without a hitch was a surprise. One night we made a conscience decision to try and the next morning Elianna looks funny at my stomach, rubs it and walks away. Yeah... it worked and that was super creepy! 

How I told Chris: I found a shirt on Etsy (the one in the picture) and told him I had found Elianna's Christmas gift and showed him the picture. He looked at it for a minute and then when I held up the pregnancy test (in a baggie, please people, I'm a germaphobe), he really got it!

How we told Elianna: Elianna and I had gone to Hobby Lobby after Halloween and saw a little bib that said "My first Halloween". I bought it and when she asked who it was for, I just simply said "I'm sure we can find somebody for it." That evening, I told her to show Chris what we had bought and when we got to that she said "We'll find some baby for it." I said, "How about ours?" It took a little bit, but she finally understood!

To say Elianna is so excited is a complete understatement! She sings to, talks to, rubs, kisses and hugs "the baby." The other day she bought it a cute little bunny for the baby and when she showed it to Chris, she hid it with her hand so the baby wouldn't see it. Silly girl!

The first 4 months were terrible! So terrible that this is the picture Elianna drew of me. Yeah...



I'm still going to Orange Theory 2 days a week and the rest I either walk on the treadmill (least favorite) or do prenatal yoga (my go to!). I still could take a nap most days since I'm not sleeping so well at night (sleeping on just your sides sucks!). 

According to the physicians assistant, the baby is due to come on July 21. However, I disagree with her for 2 reasons. 1. I pretty much know what day the baby was conceived (see above creepy story) and 2. the first time I went she could barely see the baby on the ultrasound, yet she somehow measured the baby and decided the due date based on that. Hmmm.... The next ultrasound, the one where you could actually see the baby, the baby measured bigger but she wanted to stick with her initial due date. Basically, I'm planning on a baby sometime between July 9 - 21. {Eye roll}

My dear friend, Lisa, also took these pictures which I absolutely love! Enjoy!















No comments: