Well the last week has been a whirlwind of trying to get things done. After we found it the baby is another girl, I wanted to go through the baby clothes. Elianna had SO MANY clothes that I had individual tubs for each size (0-3, 3-6, 6-12, 12, 18, 24/2T, 3T, 4T, and then 5T+). That's 9+ different 34 gallon tubs. SO MANY!!! I have cut everything in half and now there is 2 sizes in 1 tub. Both winter and summer clothes. I feel that isn't too bad to deal with now. The other good part is when the baby outgrows a size, I can get rid of them! No reason to keep them after this! Yay for cleaning out the storage!
Needless to say, there are tubs everywhere in the living room and dining room right now. Some are full of clothes that I need to put on hangers and get ready for the consignment sale. There is another bag full ready for Goodwill. And some have just been thrown straight into the garbage because no one (not even me) wants to put their kid in a poop stained onesie. The next question is .... why, oh why, did I even keep it in the first place?!?!
I've been through all but the 4T and 5T+ clothes, the "other" clothes-ish stuff (bibs, receiving blankets, socks, shoes, etc etc). I also have a tub full of some boy clothes that Sissy had given me a loooooooong time ago (I mean Caleb is in his teens now so yeah a looooooooong time ago). Then there is all the "other - other" stuff (bassinet, bumbo seat, stuff I don't even remember). It seems never ending and totally overwhelming!
The consignment sale is in April so I'm working feverishly to get it all done before then to hopefully (hopefully) sell most of it. If it doesn't sell there, we'll have a yard sale and then what's leftover from that will go to Goodwill. After 2 sales, I will be done with all that mess! I'm praying most of it sells at the consignment sale obviously but I've heard mixed reviews on how well people do at consignment sales.
The next week or so is already filling up quickly so I'm not sure when this stuff will get done. Who wants to come to Spring filled Colorado (70-80 degrees this next week) to help me get all this done? Any takers?
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment