That was at 8:30 am. I did not get ahold of the owners until 11:30 am. The man said that they had just moved and the dog had gotten out probably the night before. So our plans got changed while we waited and waited and waited for the owner to come pick up Petey. They came around 3 pm. Poor Petey wanted to come inside so bad since it was ridiculously hot out but he looked a bit mangy and I prefer to not have fleas inside the house. Oh well. I would be glad someone took care of my dog if he ever ran away. Oh! That's right he did once and some nice people did take care of him. Only difference - I went right away to pick him up. Honestly, it wasn't a big deal that they didn't come right away, I just felt sorry for Petey having to be out in the hot hot weather. Poor Petey!
Elianna adored Petey and sang songs to him and talked to him and gave him bones (which he refused to eat) and talked about how she wanted him to stay at our house. I kept reminding her that she has a dog every single day and she is welcome to do all of those things with him. But like everything else, we always want what we can't have and take for granted those things we do have. Infested with fleas or not.





No comments:
Post a Comment