Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day 2012

This year for Father's Day, I turned to Pinterest. There are just so many creative, simple and cost effective ideas out there that I, obviously, never thought of.

Chris worked 4:30 - 9:00 am Father's Day morning. Yes, you did read that right. In the morning. Whew! When he got home at 9:00 am, Elianna was there to point out his first surprise and tell him "Happy Father's Day!"



A Happy Father's Day banner made out of scrapbook paper ties. Scrapbook paper was on sale at Hobby Lobby 40% off last week and I had the twine in my craft box. The banner was easy to make and ended up super cute. Plus it can be used again.

Elianna then ran and got Chris' 2nd surprise - a bucket with Swedish Fish and pistachios. Two of his favorites. The note said "What a catch! {We're nuts about u!} Happy Father's Day!" Again, cute and super easy to put together. Pistachios also just happened to be on sale last week.


After Sunday morning church, we had Chris' favorite dinner - meatloaf and scalloped potatoes. I had made the scalloped potatoes before church so they could cook during church. I made them earlier except for putting the cream on top and then was going to put them in the oven before we left for church. I put them in the oven but forgot to put the cream on top. They still turned out good - just not spectacular!

Then came time for Chris' 3rd surprise. I had asked Elianna certain questions about Chris and wrote down her answers.


ALL ABOUT MY PAPI MAN
By Elianna Promersberger Age 2

My Papi Man's name is Papi Man
He is 3 feet and 2 inches tall
He weighs 3 pounds
His hair color is "he doesn't have any hair. He has a beard."
His eyes are red
He works at Starbucks
He likes to go to Starbucks
His favorite food is pistachios
His favorite drink is coke
I love it when my Papi Man hugs me
My favorite thing about my Papi Man is when he reads to me

*Her answers are underlined


How cute is that? Again, easy to make but so meaningful! The frame was 50% off at Hobby Lobby and I just printed it off on card stock I already had. It just goes to show that you can make gifts that are cute, easy to make, frugal and still meaningful! Chris loved his surprises!



Happy Father's Day, my Chris!

No comments: