Wahoo! We have hit the 9 month mark! That means 1) I've been "out" as long as I was "in" and 2) only 3 more months until my birthday!!! Party!
Here is what I'm up to these days!
*I weigh 20 pounds and am about 30 inches long (I don't lay still long enough to get an accurate reading).
*I kinda skipped the 9 month size clothes and have moved right on up to 12 month clothes. Mommy says it's ok because it was hard to find 9 month clothes anyway.
It may seem as though not much has changed in the last month but right now I'm working on perfecting some stuff - namely walking and talking.
Walking
Mommy is trying to get me to be braver with letting go of her things when I'm standing up. I do occasionally walk holding just one of her hands although I'm not so sure about it but she says I'm doing just fine. She's getting kinda pushy with this whole walking thing because she thinks I need to be a little more independent and not so clingy-on-her-legs-when-she-is-trying-to-make-dinner stage.
I'm really good about holding on and walking along things like the couch, Harley's chair and the ottoman. Pretty quick at it to which has lead to a couple of spills but we just brush it off and get back up. No wimpy kid here!
Mommy says if I just focused and stopped being so nosy to what is going on all around me, I would realize that I could probably stand by myself. Hmm... I'm not so sure I want to give up my noseyness for standing on my own though.
Talking
My favorite words are "ma ma", "aah" and "da da". Papi says that I have his energy and squirminess (he may not have exactly said squirminess but I know that's what he meant) but I have Mommy's talking. *Whisper* I actually heard him say that means that I don't actually talk alot because Mommy doesn't talk as much as Papi does. Whew! Glad he said it first and not me or Mommy. I love you Papi!
Since it has been scorching hot warmer out (until today anyway), we have been playing outside and I love it! Harley is entertaining to watch and I like to try to eat sticks and leaves and grass and anything else that I can get my hands on. The grass is kinda tickley on my knees and feet but I don't let that deter me from crawling all over - gotta get to those sticks and leaves somehow.
Guess what? I'm going to be flying again real soon but this time Mommy is taking Papi with her! We are going to FL to spend Father's Day with Papa and Grammy. I'm super excited but I'm really hoping that I can make it through without ruining my clothes again. Still kinda scarred about that tragic episode. Mommy will be sure to tell you how that all goes.
Well, I've been sitting still long enough. Off to get into some trouble. See ya! ~Elianna






No comments:
Post a Comment