Friday, May 30, 2014

Mark & Rhonda's Visit {Visit Down "South"}

Monday morning (the day after Easter so you can get a mental timeline going), we headed down "South".  It's not really waaay South Colorado but it's more southern than where we live(d).  Why do I feel the need to over explain things?

We first headed to the Garden of the gods to eat our lunch.  It was a beautiful day!  We didn't hike too far but did go a little off the beaten path to eat lunch.  Of course, there really isn't an off the beaten path because people are everywhere but it was off the main path.  There I go over explaining again.




Kissing camels - otherwise known as this is the only rock formation name I know









These birds know a good things when they see it.  They "visited" us while we ate our lunch.



As I'm looking through my pictures, we apparently made a pit stop in Golden at some point.  At least that's what everyone's clothes are telling me although in my head I'm not sure it exactly makes sense.  However, we are adding it in here.





The Air Force Academy was next but with the threatening weather of rain, it was a short trip which was then cut off by the rain.  We got to see what we wanted (except of the visitors center which was closed) so no loss there.




After our busy day of tourism, we had dinner at Chris' and Mark's brother's (John) house.  We ate, talked and then headed back home to get our rest for the next day of adventure!

John, Mark, Chris

No comments: