Monday, September 30, 2013

Hiking

About a week before The Flood O' 2013, we went hiking with friends.  Two were new friends we had meet the past week and the other was our friend, Lance.  Lance (used to) live in Boulder - The Flood displaced him and he has since moved to a totally different city.

We went hiking on some trails outside of Boulder.  I'm sure there is a technical "hiking" name for the trail but I don't know what it is.  As usual, the scenery was beautiful albeit it was so super hot.  I should clarify that the previous sentence should say "the scenery I just happened to see when I paused to not fall over".  Usually I like my hikes a bit on the slower than lightening speed so we can look at the scenery but Chris and Lance decided that this was going to be a speed hike.  This also left us all sweaty and smelly by the end.

Elianna walked parts of the trail and did very well.  Other parts, Chris carried her on her shoulders (which on a total side note:  He is a beast!).  At one point, Chris went off on his own to hike to the top of some steep ravine thing that everyone else had no desire to scale up (or down).  He does get some pretty great pictures whenever he does things like that though.  Of course, Mike ended up carrying Elianna part of the way for me because we all know she wasn't going to ride on my shoulders while trying to hike at lightening speed.

We ended the day by eating dinner at a restaurant in Boulder called the Med.  I felt kinda bad that we didn't talk more and try to get to know Mike and Katie better but I think by that time we all felt the same way - exhausted with no energy to try to even talk.








No comments: