In case you're wondering if we have been / were affected by all the water and maybe, just maybe, that's why there have been no posts, I am so sad to disappoint you. I've just been busy. Ever since Elianna started PreK, it has been a struggle to figure out my schedule. Since her school is about 30 minutes away (with lots of traffic in between), I've been trying to stay over "there" at least 2 of the 3 days. One day I would grocery shop and the others, well, I was still trying to figure it out. The other 2 days at home, I've been trying to balance housework, laundry and spending time with Elianna who likes to play 24/7 with someone. I think, I hope, I pray that we have it all figured out. Monday clean up from the weekend and get laundry done. Tuesday stay over "there" and get grocery shopping done. Wednesday stay home!!! and clean and do laundry and... while Chris takes her to school since he has off from Starbucks. That only leaves me to pick her up from school. Glorious cleaning stay home by myself Wednes-day! Thursday stay over "there" and read books and do nothing! Friday do laundry and play with Elianna and cook. I'm liking Thursday the best, of course, with Wednesday coming in at a close second!
Elianna has been doing well in school (I think). She has the answer to "what did you learn today?" down pat with a wholehearted "nothing!" Second only to "what did you do then today?" Answer: "play". Oh! I love to pay for you to play! Thankfully, her teacher sends out an occasional email letting us parents know what she really is learning. Then after asking her specific questions, she does confirm that she indeed has learned something and that we are paying for something.
Friends from school
She is the 2nd from the end on the right with her best little school buddy - Piper - on the very end.
Here are a few of her "art" projects from school:
Self portrait
Painting with a corn cob while they learn about the farm
Her teacher says that they quickly found out her favorite color is purple and will wait until a purple crayon, marker, whatever is available. It's nice to see an occasional green or orange in her papers too.
And then we confirmed what we always knew but now it's on a chart - she has my genes in the height department. She is the shortest in her class (she's also one of the youngest but still)
No comments:
Post a Comment