Monday, September 2, 2013

4 Years Old!

How could 4 years go by so fast?  I can remember riding home in the car with her.  I wasn't going to be one of "those moms" who sit in the back seat with my baby but there I was sitting next to a 7 pound 14 ounce baby taking her home.  What where they thinking?  The hospital.  Allowing us to take her home?  We didn't know what we were doing.  I remember being worried about the dumbest things.  Like how will I know when it's time to move her up in a diaper size.  Seriously who thinks of stuff like that?  That was my big concern?  They should have taken me down to the funny farm wing of that hospital instead of sending me home with a small child.  But here she is 4 years later going to bed without a diaper on.  Yup, it's a big night.  We are {hopefully} done with diapers at night.  We will see in the morning {or 2am}.  

She can be frustrating and defiant and strong willed but she is also the sweetest thing with a wonderful sense of humor and a charming personality.  I pray God will use that strong personality in a God honoring way as she gets older.  A strong willed charming funny person?  They have the potential to do great things for God.  That's what we pray for Elianna.  So Happy Birthday Little Girl!  Happy Birthday!

No comments: