Friday, July 13, 2012

What?!?

Today I have 3 extra kids. The fence guys are tearing the fence down outside. I know. What was I thinking?

Friends at church have 4 kids (pregnant with the 5th) and the oldest is having a birthday party tomorrow. Since they live in a small apartment, my thought process was to help the mom out by watching her 3 kids (she kept the smallest one) so she could make the cake, food, etc etc. No problem, right? They could play in the pool. Run around the yard. Go to the park if necessary. We did all that - the first hour they were here. What?!?

Add to all these facts - one of the kids is scared of dogs. Freaks out scared. No problem, right? Kids outside - dog inside. Kids inside - dog outside. Except my landlord texted me yesterday to tell me they are tearing down our fence the very same day. What?!?

Thankfully the kids are now playing very nicely in Elianna's room. No crying or nashing of teeth so far. It's amazing! Poor Harley is locked in our bedroom though probably wondering what in the world he did to deserve that.

When I told a friend that I was going to have 3 extra kids today, she told me I should have waited to get my haircut until after today. That way if I end up pulling out all my hair, at least I wouldn't have wasted the money on a haircut. HA!

In all honesty, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would or could be. I'm very thankful they are playing nicely together. A little crazier than normal? Yes! But it's great to be available to be a blessing to someone else.

No comments: