Monday, July 2, 2012

Momma called the Doctor and the Doctor said . . .

"No more sticking hair clips in your ear!"

Saturday after Elianna went down for her nap, I heard her crying. This was real crying, not just crying for "fun" crying. When I went in and asked her what was wrong, she said she had stuck her hair clip in her ear. Umm... what?

Long story short, we headed to the ER for a precautionary look in her ear to make sure she had not hurt her ear internally. Having never been to the hospital around here before, I at first headed over to the University of Colorado Hospital where they referred us to the Children's Hospital Emergency Room. Thankfully we only had to wait around 2 hours from start to finish. Not bad for an emergency room visit.

While we waited they put on Despicable Me for Elianna to watch. The most expensive movie she has ever seen. Praise the Lord her ear was not scratched or cut and her ear drum is just fine! The doctor said I was right to bring her in which is such a relief because you sometimes wonder how paranoid you should be with some things. When it was all done and over, they gave her a purple popsicle to eat in her white shirt. It's all good though - that's what laundry detergent is for. Right...?

Hair clip

Waiting for the doctor

 Ear is good!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

A good scare for Mama I'm sure! Glad she is alright!