Monday, July 16, 2012

Survivor Island

So I made it through Friday with the extra children just fine. Although I did tell the mom that I was not prepared for the questions upon questions the 6 year old asked over and over. "Why do you have a hammock?" I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to answer some questions. I was too scared to say because someone gave it to us for fear she would ask why they gave it to us and who and when and where. Oh my! I thought the 2-3 year old stage was hard. I am so not prepared for the 6 year old question stage. Must prepare myself ... now!

Friday evening we had friends over for dinner and as a result Elianna did not get to bed until around 10:30 pm. Not a good move.

Saturday Chris had a charity soccer event for Starbucks he played in. 

Chris playing in the soccer game






Elianna had fun playing with the corner flag


Later Saturday Elianna had a birthday party to go to. 

Birthday girl



Eating lunch with her friend, Dani


Then she took a short nap before we headed to our pastors house for a leadership meeting. 


Playing dress up

Saturday night, Elianna didn't get into bed until 9:30 pm and for some reason would not fall asleep until sometime after 11:00 pm. Not good!

Sunday between services, she took a good hard nap. Thankfully we were able to get home early from Sunday evening church but once again she refused to go to sleep until after 10:00 pm.

So while I survived 4 children on Friday, 1 small almost 3 year old with a serious lack of sleep, may just do me in.  Praying she gets some good sleep soon.  Praying I will have a loving and kind attitude and reaction whether she gets sleep or not.

Happy Monday from my very own Survivor Island!

No comments: