Ah life! 7 years ago when Chris and I got married, never once did I think that I would have an ugly gray box in my kitchen that would catch 11 mice in it.
Oh wait . . . yeah. You read that right. 11 mice. In my kitchen. In a span of 3 days. Not proud of that fact. At all. But somehow it's life and life's a funny thing, but I don't have to laugh at it.
{This is a fair warning! If you do not like rodents or disgusting subjects, then go away! because that's all I got. That and a crazy story, but that's nothing new.}
Sunday Harley began sniffing and getting agitated at something in the dining room by the buffet. Because "the mans" (as Elianna called them) were putting in the back fence, I didn't think too much about it. Just figured he heard them working outside and was getting all worked up. But then he didn't stop and I got all worked up. Long story short, there was a mouse underneath the buffet that ran into the kitchen and under the stove. Uncool. Very uncool. So we put up mousetraps. We put up 2 "regular" mousetraps. You know the kind that you stick cheese and peanut butter on and snap! it gets the mouse. And one ugly gray mousetrap that they walk into but can't get out of.
Oh wait . . . yeah. You read that right. 11 mice. In my kitchen. In a span of 3 days. Not proud of that fact. At all. But somehow it's life and life's a funny thing, but I don't have to laugh at it.
{This is a fair warning! If you do not like rodents or disgusting subjects, then go away! because that's all I got. That and a crazy story, but that's nothing new.}
Sunday Harley began sniffing and getting agitated at something in the dining room by the buffet. Because "the mans" (as Elianna called them) were putting in the back fence, I didn't think too much about it. Just figured he heard them working outside and was getting all worked up. But then he didn't stop and I got all worked up. Long story short, there was a mouse underneath the buffet that ran into the kitchen and under the stove. Uncool. Very uncool. So we put up mousetraps. We put up 2 "regular" mousetraps. You know the kind that you stick cheese and peanut butter on and snap! it gets the mouse. And one ugly gray mousetrap that they walk into but can't get out of.
We caught them in pairs of 2 except for, obviously, 1 of them (seeing as we caught 11). Here's where it gets disgusting. The first 2 mice we caught was the momma mouse and a baby mouse that was feeding on the momma even though she was caught in the trap and was dead. Oh that is disgusting! Chris said there is a good sermon illustration in that one.
The next 2 we caught were in the "regular" mousetrap together. Disturbing!
The last 7 we caught were in the big ugly gray trap. We haven't caught anymore so we think we have the whole family minus the daddy. Do mouse families live in families? Hopefully not because we still have one on the loose then. We like to believe that's the end of them. I'm thinking they got riled up and moved into our house because of the new fence being put in.
We got rid of the mice just in time because Grandmother flies in tomorrow to stay for 2 weeks! Can't wait to see her!
PS: Sorry for the disturbing pictures! Chris wanted me to post this since this is part of our life. Crazy as that life is at times!






No comments:
Post a Comment