We are on Day #3 in our journey to Colorado! The traveling is almost over! I think we will all be glad but believe Elianna and Harley will be the happiest! Kids car seats are not the most comfortable (even with a little added padding) and dogs are just not meant to be trapped in a U-Haul cab for 3 days straight. They both have been troopers though!
Day #1 took us from Pennsylvania to my sisters in Indiana (9-1/2 hours travel time). It was hard to leave Grandmother after 6 months of living with her. We got to Sissy's a bit later than we anticipated which was due to a frantic throwing of last minute items into the moving truck that morning and a fail on the GPS. After checking out RoadNinja (I love all the apps available for traveling), I saw that there was a Five Guys coming up. What better dinner than a big greasy hamburger and tons of fries! Once we got off the interstate, I realized that I had forgotten to look how far off the interstate it was. But really who cares? It's Five Guys. Actually GPS said it was only 1 mile off the interstate. However, in my telling Chris I accidentally said 7 miles instead of 7 minutes. Fail on my part! He said no way we have limited miles on the truck. Bummer! So I got back in the car and was telling mom and mentioned again that it was only 1 mile (7 minutes) away. After learning that I had said the wrong thing, I quickly told Chris who agreed we could go since it was a lot closer than I had originally said. No problem. We will just follow the GPS to ... a housing development?!? GPS FAIL! Know how hard it is to get a big moving truck around in a neighborhood? Apparently not easy. Then I accidentally twittered about going to Exit 79 Waffle House instead of texting that to Chris. Didn't go there either. We ate at Wendys. A far cry from Five Guys for sure!
Day #2 we got up late and hung out at Sissy's house for a bit before heading over to the cemetery to see Kalei girl's headstone. This year has been rough! It is a constant reminder that all of the cousins will not be "together" until someday in eternity where I pray they will all be able to spend it together. (I will post pictures later). Our traveling took us from Indiana to Topeka KS (9 hours travel time) but since we got a late start we also got in late to our hotel. Thankfully there are no big stories with Day #2.
Today with Day #3 we travel from Topeka KS to Denver CO (8 hours 45 minutes travel time). About now we start running on pure adrenaline to make it through the day.
Our view for 3 days now





No comments:
Post a Comment