Saturday the weather here in Florida was gorgeous! A nice 70 degrees! Compare that to the 2 feet of snow on the ground in New Jersey along with the news of 2 more feet next week - I heart Florida weather! Anyway, I decided that we would take Elianna to the "big park" to experience the wonder of parks I had as a child. Sadly, the park is not really anything like it used to be in the yesteryear. All the metal slides have been replaced with the nice yellow plastic ones. And the merry-go-round? Gone! Dangerous child playing equipment that merry-go-round is I suppose. Eric and Sydney met Mom, Elianna and I there and in light of the new-fangled slides, we had fun!
Monday, January 31, 2011
The Big Park
Many many moons ago when I was but a wee girl, we would either go to the "little park" or the "big park." Not only was the difference obvious in their descriptions, but it also came with the knowledge that if we were going to the "little park" we would get to ride our big wheels there. Mine was a Strawberry Shortcake big wheel. Sometimes when we wanted to be extra cool, we would take the back off the bike and lean way back and ride it that way. But that was only when we wanted to be extra cool because everyone knows it's just plain 'ole cool to ride a big wheel. However, if we were going to the "big park" we didn't ride our big wheels because we had to cross a major road. The consolation in that was that there were way more slides and swings and merry-go-rounds and .... on and on.
Saturday the weather here in Florida was gorgeous! A nice 70 degrees! Compare that to the 2 feet of snow on the ground in New Jersey along with the news of 2 more feet next week - I heart Florida weather! Anyway, I decided that we would take Elianna to the "big park" to experience the wonder of parks I had as a child. Sadly, the park is not really anything like it used to be in the yesteryear. All the metal slides have been replaced with the nice yellow plastic ones. And the merry-go-round? Gone! Dangerous child playing equipment that merry-go-round is I suppose. Eric and Sydney met Mom, Elianna and I there and in light of the new-fangled slides, we had fun!









Saturday the weather here in Florida was gorgeous! A nice 70 degrees! Compare that to the 2 feet of snow on the ground in New Jersey along with the news of 2 more feet next week - I heart Florida weather! Anyway, I decided that we would take Elianna to the "big park" to experience the wonder of parks I had as a child. Sadly, the park is not really anything like it used to be in the yesteryear. All the metal slides have been replaced with the nice yellow plastic ones. And the merry-go-round? Gone! Dangerous child playing equipment that merry-go-round is I suppose. Eric and Sydney met Mom, Elianna and I there and in light of the new-fangled slides, we had fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
She is getting so big, only 3 sleeps until I see my girls.
great fun!
in the name of "safety" a lot of what we remember as children has changed. it is sad! :(
Post a Comment