This year we are wanting to really start our own family traditions and the main one is with an Advent calendar. To learn a little more about Advent click here. An Advent calendar is a special calendar used to count down the days until Christmas. Some Advent calendars contain a poem, part of the Nativity story, a gift or an activity to do as a family (like ours). I decided to make our calendar this year. Since I had no idea what I wanted it to look like exactly, it took quite awhile. However, once I knew how I wanted it to look, it didn't take very long. Ours is simply made up of ribbon to hang the bags on. Organza bags hang on the ribbon by clothes pins. On each clothes pin is a Christmas snowflake sticker with the day # on it. Inside each bag is the paper (simply scrapbook paper) which tells the activity for the day.
Some days may be more exciting than others but our goal is to do things together as a family over the next 25 days. This is the journal of those activities which will obviously be posted on what will seemingly look like a day late.





1 comment:
We've been buying the little sticker calendars for a couple years. This year I wanted to do something special as you mentioned. You'll have to see my post (hopefully in the near future).
Post a Comment