Day 17 - Alert! Alert!
You have deviated from your Advent Calendar!
Friday both Chris and I deviated from the Advent Calendar. The plan was to work helping to set up for the Food Pantry and to watch "The Grinch." However, Chris ended up having to work at the Christmas Lightshow while I went to my friend Wendy's house to enjoy Girl's Night. I'm not sure about Chris, but I certainly enjoyed myself! There are normally 6 of us that get together but we decided we would add 1 more to the mix. That made it Wendy, Kelly, Karan, Cheri, Stacy, Kelly and me - plus add in 2 babies. We all (well almost all) brought an appetizer and a dessert. Since I apparently had nothing else to do (cough cough - yeah right!), I made Spanakopita and Baklava. Both are Greek foods made with phyllo dough and deliciousness! Spanakopita is spinach and feta cheese wrapped in phyllo dough while Baklava is phyllo dough with nuts doused with honey and sugar. My mouth is salivating! We wrapped up our party earlier than normal at a resounding 12 am and believe me that is very early for a Girl's Night!
Let me tell you how thankful I am for such great friends! We talk, laugh, act goofy, laugh some more and share each other's burdens. They are the best!





No comments:
Post a Comment