Friday, February 12, 2010

Welcome from Antarctica

Don't you wish that sometimes you would just leave well-enough alone? Like yesterday, for instance. All innocent like, I decided to check the weather since I've heard across the snow drift (the fence is under there somewhere) that we may be getting another storm next week. And by storm I mean a dumping of a white cold powdery substance. When I checked the weather map it has this NEW! TruPoint Radar: See the weather in your future on this map! feature. It comes up with a radar map first of all. But it's not showing anything on the map. Good. Click on the next button - clouds, again nothing. Good. The next button is where it got ugly. Temperature. The map came up with a purple cloud over it. Purple cloud, what does that mean? So I quickly checked the temperature color gauge. Here is a picture of what I saw. The red arrow points to where we live and the red circle is oh so cruelly pointing out the temperature. Can that even be right?


Needless to say, we have pretty much stayed inside for the last, oh I don't know, three days. And we plan on keeping up with that schedule for the next couple of days. Oh, I should mention the "we" is Elianna and I. Chris still has to go to work (no excuse when you live right next door) and he has been shoveling and snow blowing and snow plowing snow. I just pray that the next snow storm comes after next Saturday when Elianna and I go to Florida. I looked and Florida's low temperature is our high temperature. Not quite the 80 degrees I was hoping for but we'll take it.


3 comments:

Grape News said...

I loved that red jeans outfit! So glad she can wear it.

What web site did you find that thingy on? Interesting.

I took a pix out our backdoor this am. Didn't do it justice. It was foggy (very white fog) and everything, even the tree branches were white. really cool looking.

momma said...

oh, her little snowsuit is so cute!!

Laura said...

From the looks of your pictures, someone is ready for the storm to come! :)