Saturday, February 6, 2010

Harley & Me - 5 Months

Harley & I are getting a little better at taking our picture these days. It helps that I can semi-sit up by myself but doesn't help that Harley & I bug each other. Harley by licking my face - me by pulling Harley's ears and trying to eat his fur. Yum!

Here is what I'm up to these days!

*I weigh 16 pounds and am 26 (and almost 1/2) inches long.

*I have 3 teeth! Two on the bottom and one on the top.


These are some things I like:

*I have figured out how to move my legs in the crawling position but haven't quite gotten the hang of both the arms and legs together. So I just army crawl. I move my legs and then plunge forward and pull myself forward with my arms. Papa says when I come visit him, he will give me lessons and help me figure it all out.

*I only like to sit if it involves eating. Mommy and Papi are trying to get me to learn that there are times in life where I have to just sit and play (like when they are eating dinner) but I'm still not grooving on that idea.

*I like to wake up earlier than Mommy thinks and play in my bed for an hour. I just wiggle around and play with my bear and Pooh blankie. After awhile I get bored so then I cry for Mommy to come and get me. Makes it interesting for Mommy to try to figure out when nap time should be.


These are some things I do NOT like:

*Teething is such a hard job that is not fun at all! Hyland's Teething Tablets make it so much better though! Mommy says she can't wait until they all come in. I whole-heartedly agree since Papa says I can have steak now since I have teeth. Bring it on!

*Papi's beard is awfully prickly when he kisses me, but I'm slowly getting used to the idea of a porcupine him kissing me.

In 2 weeks, I will be making my first attempt at flying. Not solo, of course, Mommy will be coming along and, yeah, someone else will be actually "driving" the plane. Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day (soon)!

Love, Elianna

PS: Doesn't Harley look just dapper in his Valentine's bandana from the groomers?