Monday, November 17, 2014

Walmart To Go

So I realize that one either hates Walmart or they love it!  I'm a fan of Walmart prices but not other things such as having 25 check out lanes and only 2 open during the busiest time of the day which is pretty much all day long.  Out here in CO we have Neighborhood Walmarts which are pretty great mainly because they are smaller (downside:  they don't have all the stuff the "regular" Walmart does - i.e. clothes, bedding, etc so once in awhile you have to make a trip to the "big store") and because in addition to the 6 check-it-out-yourself lanes, there are usually about 2 lanes open which for the size of the store and the amount of people (in my Neighborhood store) is pretty good.  

However, my newest love is the To Go option.  I realize that not every Walmart has this option but mine does and I am in LOVE!  I go online, do the shopping, hit enter, and then at my pre-determined time, I swing by the Walmart parking lot and pick up my groceries.  It takes me all of 15 minutes which includes driving time to do my weekly grocery shopping outside of the comfort of my couch.  It is the best!  They also deliver but you have to pay about $7 which in reality is not bad but seriously, I can drive the 2 minutes to pick it up for free.  

In addition to my loving it for time efficiency reasons, I also love it because I am not swayed by shiny objects that I just so happen upon at the store.  My bill has lowered due to this fact alone.  That in and of itself makes me smile!  

Yes, I realize that this post is boring and 55 years down the road, I'll be amazed that I was excited about such a thing since groceries will be a thing of the past and we'll all just have to drink some kind of kool-aid and we'll get all our nutrients and whatnot from one small drink that flows into our house through some kind of tubing.  But for now, I'll be super excited!

No comments: