This year Elianna wanted to be Elsa (of course). Someone had given her a blue dress that in my mind represented the dress Elsa wore at the end of the movie with a sheer train flowing behind her with braided hair. In Elianna's mind it was the dress Elsa wore to her coronation - totally different look. We went round and round with it until I finally came to the realization that it wasn't a big deal and if she wanted it to be the coronation dress then fine - it was the coronation dress. So I scrapped the hair I was going to braid and made it into a crown holder and then I whipped up a cape for her to wear. It was fine.
We ended up going with a bunch of our neighbors and had the best time walking around with them (until my pirate boots started hurting then it wasn't so fun). Apparently adults don't dress up around here - just the kids but oh no! I wasn't having that in our group. Chris was Superman, I was a pirate (again), the other Chris (or downstairs Chris as Elianna calls him) went at a Best Buy employee (lame since that's what he is), Elianna went as Elsa, Kaylah went as a alien mom (she wore a headband with 3 eyes coming off of it that her daughter made at school that day), Marilee went as a sorta red riding hood person, Jaylah also was red riding hood (but refused to wear the red cape), Emery went as a fairy princess, Mike was a pirate (I made him wear Chris' pirate hat from last year), Katie was a cat (I quick made her some ears and a tail and drew on her face), baby Ben was a duck, and Abraham was a train conductor. Katie did such an awesome job on his outfit! I was totally impressed! Check him out!
Our fun group! Bonus: You can see some of our house decorations.
Isn't it the cutest?! You can see it from the side in the picture above.
We had to walk kinda far to find people who were giving out candy (oh Aurora how I miss you and your Halloween loving ways!). Toward the end, Elianna looked at me and said "I'm done! I don't want any more candy!" A gasp slipped out of my lips as I looked at her in astonishment. What kid says that? Ours apparently! Her bucket was full and heavy and she had enough of it all. Really, our family much prefers to hand out candy than to go and get it.
Gross part of the story: She only ate one piece of candy that night but was still up all night sick to her stomach. Should have given her a bunch more to eat so she would have had something to actually throw up. It was a crazy night. I had taken Nyquill because I randomly came down with a cold while out trick or treating so while she was sick I kept nodding off and in between trying to wake a snoring Chris to come help. Not the funniest of things to do.
And do you know what is the best thing about the day after Halloween? Elianna stayed busy the next morning counting and sorting and counting the sorted piles all out. She got exactly 100 pieces of candy - good thing she stopped when she did!










No comments:
Post a Comment