Monday, June 16, 2014

We moved!

Ya know when you schedule a bunch of posts and then they run out without you realizing it?  Yup!  That's pretty much what happened!

On to the topic at hand.  While I was in Nebraska, the former owners of our now house, moved out and left us the house a few days early.  However, since I couldn't talk Chris into going over and cleaning the whole thing while I was gone, as soon as I got home on Monday, Elianna and I headed over to start the cleaning process.  It is amazing how people leave things so dirty.  The only thing I got cleaned that Monday was part of the kitchen.  Part.  As in there was still more to do.  Tuesday I stayed at the old house trying to finish packing up everything until the evening when Elianna went and I spent the night.  She slept.  I cleaned.  Terribly unfair.  

Wednesday was the only day Chris had off to move the big things.  Friends came to help, meltdowns occurred and most of the stuff got moved.  However, Thursday and Friday I spent finishing up the moving.  Have I mentioned I hate moving.  At least across town.  I would so much much rather move across the country.

Here is my theory on moving.  Moving across the country is easier because you know you have to pack everything so carefully and meticulously.  Of course, if we ever moved across the country again (which I never want to do!), I would sell most everything I have and buy it new when we got to wherever.  Anyway, moving across town you get so lazy (at least I did) and things just get literally thrown into a box or wherever.  No reasoning just throwing.  Makes it super difficult to unpack.

Now it's a month later and most everything is unpacked.  Not organized but unpacked.  The upstairs is mostly organized - although in the next week or so I'm going to unorganized a room in order to organize the downstairs.  Right now Elianna's play room is upstairs but as soon as the downstairs is organized then her play stuff will go downstairs and the now play room will become storage/craft/sewing room.

I'm hoping to soon have pictures of the house to put up but I'm thinking I should pick up and clean up a little before that happens.  I do have our very first Before and After picture to share though!  It's of the bush out front of the house.  It covered half the small front patio and made it extremely difficult to get in and out of the front door (especially when moving in!).  Chris cut it down and now you can tell we bought a house and not an ugly bush!


No comments: