Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Nebraska

Mark & Rhonda left Thursday, we closed on our house Friday, and I left Saturday morning for Nebraska.  Berean was having another fundraising banquet and I went to help out and may have given some sort of short testimony in front of people.  Scary!

I flew out Saturday morning, took a smelly stinky van from Omaha to Lincoln.  Since I didn't have a car and the airline people took my hairspray, I had to walk downtown to find lunch and, of course, hairspray.  I know.  I know.  Usually I check my bags but since it was just me and only for 2 short days, I carried on my bag and totally didn't think about my liquids.  They stole took my hairspray, perfume and were threatening my face moisturizer (Please don't!  That stuff costs too much and is a necessity in dry Colorado - please don't take it!).  My fault but frustrating none the less.

Saturday night I met up with "the boys" (I realize they are all men but when they are all together, they become boys sometimes) and we went to dinner and attended Saturday evening church at Lincoln Berean Church.  Sunday morning, I opted to go to the church that I didn't have to get up the earliest for.  Here's the fun part.  There was no "complimentary breakfast" so I ordered breakfast in my room. Dude!  That was some breakfast (and I was glad Berean covered my costs)!

Eggs, bacon, hash browns, a muffin, hot chocolate, milk, and orange juice

I was also super tired and put my shoes on this way Sunday morning

On to church, lunch and the banquet to finish off Sunday activities.  Monday morning I had to be up early and out the door in order to catch my van back to the airport so I just grabbed a boring muffin at Starbucks.  *Sigh*  

After catching my flight back home, it was back to reality and moving (another post for another day)!

No comments: