Monday, October 7, 2013

Rockies Faith Day 2013 - David Crowder

The weather looked scary and the thought of becoming a drenched rainy mess was eminent but thankfully after a few scattered rain drops, the storm moved passed leaving us with a beautiful (August) day for baseball.   I'm sad to say I don't even remember who the Rockies played that day although they did win against whomever.  The part I do remember is one of those ones that you want to seriously not remember.  

After the game, there was a David Crowder concert.  We had meet some friends at the game and so we all together rushed over to the sections that would house great seats for the concert.  Chris had had to leave early for a trainer meeting so it was just Elianna and I along with our friends.  Unfortunately right before the concert, my phone died so I have no pictures of the 2-1/2 songs I actually got to hear.

Around that 2-1/2 song marker, Elianna decided to throw a temper tantrum which resulted in my physically picking her up and leaving with her.  Thus began the mother's walk of shame with my kicking, screaming, hitting and crying child.  Oh the looks of sympathy I got from other mothers and parents who, like me, had sworn it would never be them.  And then one day you wake up and realize, no you are that mother that is dragging their tantrum throwing child out the door.

Parenthood is tough.  It's stinky.  And the object of punches and kicks sometimes.  I lost out on a good concert.  But by golly that kid will learn that she cannot act like that and get away with it.  Parenthood is tough.

Her 2nd baseball game




Dani and Elianna


No comments: