This year I had simply planned to head out with Elianna and get some candy and then hand it back out to kids who came to our house. :-) I am so thankful Elianna is to young still to realize that is what happens to all of her candy. Honestly, she loves to hand out candy to the kids who come by. I think she likes it more than going around and getting some.
Now… now I want to do something more (besides decorating which we did the beginning of October). However with it being just 2 days away and those 2 days spent away since Elianna has school, I'm not really sure what more I can do. I'm thinking coffee, hot chocolate, and cookies would be a good start. But let me tell you Halloween 2014 better watch out!
Bottom line - be a light to your neighbors. Maybe you don't dress up - that's ok. Simply teach your kids (or whoever) about showing God's love to those kids who do come to your house - let it be a Deuteronomy 6 moment. Chris always says to me - "Where does the light shine brightest? In the dark!" Be a light this Halloween!
EJ last year as Peter Pan - she wants to be Peter Pan again this year
She absolutely loved handing out candy!







No comments:
Post a Comment