Friday, February 8, 2013

Stock Show Parade {Toree's Birthday}

Each year for Toree's birthday we eat at PF Changs.  It's been a place to remember her at since the day we found out she would not live to term.  Exactly one week after Thanksgiving 2007.  No one felt like cooking that day so we headed to PF Changs.  The day of her funeral we ate at PF Changs.  And every year on her birthday we eat at PF Changs.  

This year Elianna and I were to meet Chris after he got off work at the downtown PF Changs.  There was so much traffic and we kept seeing these horses in the middle of traffic.  It was weird.  Chris had a terrible time getting through the horse traffic.  While we waited for him to find a place to park, Elianna and I stood on the sidewalk to watch all the horses go by.  Finally I got brave enough to ask a lady down the sidewalk from us what the deal was.  She said we were on the backside of the Stock Show Parade.  Makes sense.  Stock show = horses.  

I'm a little disappointed that I didn't know about the parade because you know what was on the front side of the parade besides horses?  Steer.  They let steer run loose down the parade route.  It would be like a not so scary version of running with the bulls in Spain.  Next year we will run with you steer.  Next year.












No idea who this guy was but he was following the parade with his own little parade




No comments: