Well Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow this past Saturday. While I am super happy about that (Spring is coming! Spring is coming!), I also realize that this is not good for the very dry state of CO. We need moisture and unfortunately right now that comes in the form of snow. Also unfortunately, we need lots and lots of it in order for us to not have fire problems like we did last summer. Right now our forecast shows snow over this weekend so maybe that will help.
That being said, we here in the P-berger household have never celebrated Groundhog Day. Never really thought about it until I saw some Groundhog Day ideas on Pinterest. Since we had our church partnership class pretty much all day Saturday, we did not get to do any of the crafts. Guess we'll hang on to those ideas until next year. However, we did get to make groundhog pancakes for breakfast. They turned out cute I do believe! Next year, we'll dig his "hole" a little deeper for his head to pop out of. We're also looking at getting him some braces to fix his very crooked teeth. Also ignore his "fall leaves" eyes. Was trying to use what we had on hand. Poor Phil. He's a wreck. Those teenage years are hard on a groundhog too.
Not that I believe in a groundhog predicting the next 6 weeks of weather (he's probably as accurate as the weatherman though), but it was a fun breakfast to make! Thank Punxsutawney Phil.
By the way, what happened to Punxsutawney Pete? Maybe he had a problem with his orthodontist.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment