Grandmother is here visiting so we decided to take advantage of the free day at the Denver Botanic Gardens since I figured she would enjoy something like that. That place is humongous! We saw maybe 1/4 of it. We only got to the Mesa Desert and Chinese Gardens. I wish we would have gone the other way on the path to see something a bit more exciting. The parts that we saw were pretty though.
Like the zoo, you are "encouraged" (per their website) to bring a picnic dinner with you. So since we were encouraged, we did. I love being able to take food into places like that instead of having to buy their overpriced meals.
For some strange reason there was a huge display of weird bamboo type material everywhere. While weird, it did make for some interesting displays. At one of the bamboo displays, there is a big hill that Elianna asked to run and play on. She had a blast running up and down and I even taught her how to roll down the hill which was a huge hit!
Next free day, a friend from church (Lisa is an awesome photographer) and I are planning on taking our kids there. Hoping for some cutie pictures taken by Lisa ... the "other" Lisa that is.
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


























No comments:
Post a Comment