The Old Christ Church is a beautiful historic church located in the heart of downtown Pensacola. I always wanted to get married there and was so excited when I was able to book it! The next question was then - where will the reception be? Nothing suited inside suited me but could I trust the outdoors in March in Florida? We decided to take a chance. The park directly across the street from The Old Christ Church was booked for a school band concert. That in and of itself worried me. Were they going to be playing Hot Cross Buns while I was trying to say my vows across the street? We were assured that you wouldn't be able to hear the band from inside the church. Right . . . We decided to book the park across the street and down a little from the church. Everythings good right? Right . . . Several months before our wedding Hurricane Ivan decided to land a boat right in the middle of "our" park. Attractive. Right . . . What to do now? Thankfully the school band decided that the park directly across the street was to much of a risk for them. Score for us! Booked!
The morning of our wedding dawned bright and beautiful! And I do mean beautiful! There was not a cloud in the sky and was clear blue. Beautiful! Everythings good right? Right . . .
We had rented a silver Mustang from a rental car agency at the airport. Now here comes the bad thing - I can't remember if I originally went before or after my hair appointment. I do remember this. The morning of our wedding I went and had my hair done up all nice and pretty. Hair done up and veil attached. I went to the airport to pick up the car and was told 1) no silver Mustang as previously specified and 2) they didn't have a car ready so they had to wash one. That's the part I don't remember. If I went to pick it up and it wasn't ready so then I went and had my hair done and then came back. Anyways what I specifically remember was panicking and pacing around in the airport in jeans and a wedding veil. Finally, I got the car and hello! it was a silver Mustang. Not sure what happened there but I was a happy gal!
I drove that bad boy home to finish getting ready. My cell phone rings and it's the groom. Can he come by and pick up the car and drive it to the church? Sure! Except that I had forgotten to take my house keys out of the car. Then, for reasons unknown to me even to this day, my sister and I locked ourselves out of the house. Yeah, so I actually got into my wedding dress in the driveway of my parents house. I'm sure the neighbors appreciated that.
After calling several people because the Groom wasn't answering his phone, we had someone come and let us back into the house. It was crazy! In our wedding video, during the "talking" time, Chris and I were laughing about the fiasco and you can see me tell him to "shut up" about it all.
Check back again for Part 2!
The morning of our wedding dawned bright and beautiful! And I do mean beautiful! There was not a cloud in the sky and was clear blue. Beautiful! Everythings good right? Right . . .
We had rented a silver Mustang from a rental car agency at the airport. Now here comes the bad thing - I can't remember if I originally went before or after my hair appointment. I do remember this. The morning of our wedding I went and had my hair done up all nice and pretty. Hair done up and veil attached. I went to the airport to pick up the car and was told 1) no silver Mustang as previously specified and 2) they didn't have a car ready so they had to wash one. That's the part I don't remember. If I went to pick it up and it wasn't ready so then I went and had my hair done and then came back. Anyways what I specifically remember was panicking and pacing around in the airport in jeans and a wedding veil. Finally, I got the car and hello! it was a silver Mustang. Not sure what happened there but I was a happy gal!
I drove that bad boy home to finish getting ready. My cell phone rings and it's the groom. Can he come by and pick up the car and drive it to the church? Sure! Except that I had forgotten to take my house keys out of the car. Then, for reasons unknown to me even to this day, my sister and I locked ourselves out of the house. Yeah, so I actually got into my wedding dress in the driveway of my parents house. I'm sure the neighbors appreciated that.
After calling several people because the Groom wasn't answering his phone, we had someone come and let us back into the house. It was crazy! In our wedding video, during the "talking" time, Chris and I were laughing about the fiasco and you can see me tell him to "shut up" about it all.
Check back again for Part 2!





No comments:
Post a Comment