However, I did make a corned beef roast with potatoes, onions, carrots and celery. Side note: We aren't huge fans of the corned beef roast. Give me a regular old beef roast! We also had Irish Soda Bread which contains less baking soda than baking powder and absolutely no "coke" soda in it. I'm still not sure why it is called Soda Bread. Lastly, and certainly not least, we enjoyed homemade Shamrock Shakes. Do you know how easy it is to make them? Seriously, McDonald's is making a mint (pun intended) on ice cream, milk, mint extract and green food coloring. How ingenious of them! Sissy suggested we have a month of shakes and smoothies on 'Tis the Season. That was the best idea I have heard in a while except I need a blender since ours decided to basically explode while Chris was making Hummus one day. A.Big.Mess!
I find it sad how society has no idea what they are actually "celebrating" during some holidays. For instance, I saw this quote by St. Patrick himself on someone's Facebook.
"Christ beside me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me."
-St. Patrick







No comments:
Post a Comment