Thursday, March 22, 2012

OoLaLa!

We have the internet!  You probably haven't noticed yet since I have not had the time to sit down and up date this here blog.  But we do!  And it's exciting!  Thus the excessive use of exclamation marks!!!


This week has been a bit busy - our "new" busy - for us.  Monday night we set up the internet and it was super slow.  So Tuesday morning I called and said I was paying for High speed internet not Turtle speed internet.  The nice Century Link man changed channels for me and now it is much faster!  Yeah, I didn't know there were different channels either.  Whatever - as long as it works!


Tuesday evening during Pajama Story Time, Chris looked at me and said "Do I seriously have to go take away my 2 year olds fake cell phone from her because she won't stop texting?"  Sadly yes, yes you do.  We won't be taking our technology with us to Story Time from now on.


Wednesday we went to morning Story Time and came home so I could go get my hair cut. After 3 months of living here and a bad haircut later, I found a hair stylist I think I like!  It was a hallelujah kind of  moment!  


Later last evening we had friends over for pizza and were entertained by Elianna hung out.  After your marriage book suggestions, I bought Love & Respect for us to go through.  I had already read The 5 Love Languages (another book recommended) so I wanted one I had never read either.  After reading chapter 1 (an introductory chapter at that), I was super convicted!  It's definitely going to be tough to go through this book (in a good way!).  


Thursday Elianna spent 1-1/2 hours entertaining Grammy and GG via Oovoo.  I have decided to have my Mom "virtual babysit" Elianna for me while I clean bathrooms, take a shower, etc.  They played peek-a-boo, sang songs and just had an enjoyable time chit chatting.  In some instances, technology is cool!  


Tonight we are having another couple over for dinner.  Albertsons has had ribs buy 1 get 1.  With a deal with that, I could not turn them down!  So my Chris is smoking some ribs tonight (and they are delicious with Starbucks coffee crusted on them!).  Notice the trend?  We have guests and Chris cooks.  It's awesome!


Our plans for Friday evening got cancelled but the evening is quickly filling up.  Saturday the Pioneer Woman is coming to Denver so we are heading over to Littleton to her book signing.  


And that concludes our activities for the week.  I'm super excited to be able to update the blog with our goings ons more consistently!  "See" you later!

No comments: