Wednesday, October 5, 2011

On the road again...

We are back on the road. May I first say I have no idea how missionaries or people who travel all the time do it. It was so stressful trying to figure out what to take and what not to take on our 7 week journey. Let me put it in reverse....

We are beginning an approximate 7 week journey where we will be traveling down the East coast to ultimately end up in Pensacola, FL for my brother's wedding. As we travel, we will be stopping to visit and share our vision and goals for prayer and financial partners with our friends and family.

God is so good and even answered our prayers before it was even a prayer. He provided us with a van to use. Our plans were to simply pack my little Nissan Sentra to the brim with all of our stuff as we traveled. Two weekends ago now, we were visiting a family in NJ and telling them about our travel. The wife simply asked us what vehicle we were going to use. When we told her my car, she said "Would you like to borrow a van?" ..... Silence .... "Um.... what?" Praise God that He laid it on her heart to let us borrow their van for our trip. As you can see, all of this would NEVER have fit in my little car.


Hopefully now that I have shed the tie-dye shirts and am not working, posts will be updated a bit more frequently. I know. I know. You've heard it all before, but I'm serious this time. I honestly do hope to keep you all updated on our travels because in our family, there is usually some unusual, strange, outrageous story to tell. Keep tuned.

1 comment:

the zipfs said...

Lisa, When I read about the van, chills went up my spine! To be honest, I was wondering if your car was even going to make it from NH to your Grandmother's house! I prayed that it would! Praise God that He continues to provide for all of your family's needs! It is such an encouragement to me to see how He is working in your lives! God bless you guys! Love, Kim