One of our large teen events we have every year is Superama. It is an event that serves to remind me exactly how old I am. Superama starts at 5:45 pm and ends at 7 am . . . yes, that's am. As in the next morning. No to your next question. We don't sleep at all - well unless you count on the bus traveling to the next location. It really is super fun! It's just hard to recuperate. Normally it hits me the hardest on Sunday.
We began at the Funplex. Everyone always asks me if the Funplex is fun. Umm... yes the FUNplex is fun. It is "a spectacular family entertainment center and amusement park." That's according to their website. I would have never come up with the words "spectacular family entertainment center" on my own. They have indoor go-karts, bumper cars, some simulator thing, laser tag, arcade games, outdoor go-karts, amusement park type rides, mini golf and bumper boats. I may have left out some things but you get the idea. It is always so much fun! I am a kid feel like a kid again at that place.
Next we went rockwall climbing. I say "we" as in other people. I, Lisa, do not rockwall climb. One year I tried it and I made it 2 feet off the ground and my leg started shaking and I was terrified! Of course, my brain forgot to let me know that I was harnessed all in and there is no way of actually falling. Needless to say, I don't even choose to embarrass myself in that way now. I stay on the ground. My Chris on the other hand... Have I ever told you we are complete opposites? He has no fears of that type.
Around 1 am, we made our way to the skating rink and then around 3 am we went to the bowling alley. Once we hit midnight, my brain pretty much stops functioning so skating and bowling are out for me. Thankfully, most of the kids feel the same way and so they all kinda sit around and wonder when we go on to the next activity. At 7 am, they are all ready to go home and sleep the day away.
This is about 6 am - my Chris looks exhausted!
There is always that battle of how long to sleep Saturday afternoon. This year, I slept for about 1/2 hour on the couch while my Chris made me a Nutella, banana crepe. I wish I had the words of the Funplex person to describe how delicious it was! Nutella is one of my favorite man-made items in all of the world! But even that could not keep me from then crashing into bed for the next 2-1/2 hours. After my short sleep we had a couple things on our schedule, but as soon as Elianna was in bed at 8 pm, we pretty much were too. I think that is the best way to go because Sunday wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had energy and life! What a wonderful feeling! Today I need that energy and life back. Come back to me!
I may be off the grid for a few days. Don't worry. To use the words of Arnold . . . "I'll be back."








1 comment:
i miss lots of things by not being a youth pastor wife any more, but all-nighters is NOT one of them!! i always enjoy the fun, but my body is too old for that!! (nah, i'd do it again if God called LJ back to that in a heartbeat).
i LOVE nutella, too!! a word of advice - don't introduce it to elianna. that was my mistake - sharing it with the kids - i never get a whole jar to myself anymore :(
Post a Comment