Yesterday for Cinco de Mayo we had a Fiesta Party! I actually had no idea what Cinco de Mayo was all about, but thought it was a good night to introduce our family international dinners. The dollar store was a score on decorations and even a fiesta party cd for the evening. I tried my hand at making empanadas (need to find a better recipe) along with pico de gallo and guacamole. Let me insert that Tostitos has these great new flavor chips. They have chips with a hint of either jalapeno, pepper jack or lime. We tried the lime and they were really good! Chris said to stockpile them up for him.
Dinner was a bit quick since my Chris had a dentist appointment at 6pm and then we went to the school's junior high program at 7pm. However, after putting Elianna to bed, my Chris and I indulged in Tres Leches cake. Totally one of my favorites! For our first international dinner, it was alot of fun! Can't wait to plan the next one.





No comments:
Post a Comment