Friday Chris and I had to go to Walmart to pick up diapers and food for Elianna so we went to the Four Winds International Market. I love that place! We browsed around and bought coffee and olives. Their olives are soooo good! It would be trouble to have a place like that around here! That evening we ate dinner at The Olive Garden with my parents and Chris' mom. Dad and Mom took Elianna home so Chris and I swung past Marble Slab to destroy our calorie counting for the day.
Saturday we spent the afternoon at Chris' moms house so they could have some play time with Elianna. Elianna also got to "meet" her other grandpa and wish him a Happy Father's Day.
Elianna's vuvuzela
For dinner Eric brought fish and steaks over to grill and boy were they good! We were hoping for Elianna to then have her first "swim lesson" in Unca's pool but the thunder and lighting and rain came in full force. Chris took her in for a little but by that time she was beyond tired and only seemed to want to cry instead of relaxing in the pool.
Once again Mom and Dad took Elianna home and put her to bed while Chris and I hung out with Eric and Sydney. Around 10:30 pm Chris and I decided to once again destroy our calorie count for the day by going and getting .... a Krispy Kreme donut. More than a great olive place, a Krispy Kreme would be trouble! When that "Hot Donuts Now" sign flashes and those donuts are warm and melt in your mouth - oh my! My mouth is foaming right now! Of course I did not get any pictures of it - my camera flash is not that fast but thanks for asking!
On Father's Day we took some great pictures before we headed out the door to church.
When I say a quick trip, I mean quick! We left for the airport Sunday afternoon around 2pm and arrived home about 10pm. Elianna had a bit more trouble on the flight home since it was much later in the day with only a 1 hour nap after morning church. On the flight from Pensacola to Atlanta, the gentleman beside Chris swore it was because she had pressure on her ears and demanded encouraged us to feed her more food and give her more of her sippy cup and feed her more food and ... Ah! On the flight from Atlanta to Philadelphia, we just let her scream herself to sleep which she did fairly quickly. But then my arm feel asleep .... and she woke back up and began screaming again. Poor little girl was wondering why she kept going to sleep and getting woke up and going back to sleep and getting woke up over and over again. She was a great trooper the whole weekend though and it was such a blessing and great fun to be able to go down for the weekend.





1 comment:
The picture of EJ at the piano is precious!
Post a Comment