Don't ask - one of the teens has quite the imagination. The other scary thing is - he is our neighbor! Nice Dan!
Update on Friday evening paintball and sleepover. Well, Chris did not get a bear costume so no one got deathly scared. The boys however, decided to set off a smoke bomb in Chris' tent leaving the tent, his sleeping bag and his pillow (which got thrown into the garbage) smelling all nice and stinky. The tent and sleeping bag have been airing out since Saturday. We hope they get to smelling better soon!
Well, VBS has officially started last night. The night went very well - we had 57 teens. It was a little hectic at the registration tent at the beginning but that's to be expected I guess. The night started out with their "rally time" (a time for them to get hyper) followed by a couple of games while others went and rode the go-karts. The teens drive but a leader has to go with them. I, unfortunately, got to ride with a couple of girls who had never driven anything in their life before. I was scared for my life! Thankfully no one got hurt last night although one teen got clipped by another who was passing him (ummm . . . what happened to the no-passing rule?) and ended up driving straight into the tree line. As I rode by (clutching tightly to the bar in front of me to avoid being thrown out by the wild driving) I saw the one leader in the bushes and wondered why he was way back in there and then I faintly saw the go-kart. It was so far in the brush I couldn't even see it. Crazy drivers! No wonder NJ has such weird driving license rules! Makes perfect sense now! After the heart-pounding adventure drive, we went back to the tent and had the song time as well as Chris preached. After that, the teens played big ball - which they love! It all ended with some yummy s'more ice cream bars.
A day is never dull around here though. Apparently last night someone tried to steal one of the go-karts. They cut the big thick chain that chained them all up to the tree. Unfortunatly for them, they didn't make it further than the neighbors house. Too bad an educated guess as to who it was won't stand up in the court of law. Oh well. We got it back and hopefully Stephen . . umm . . . I mean . . . they won't try again tonight. As the week goes by, I'll try to keep you updated with pictures and stories.
Hope it's ok Bethie but I had to put a picture of the kids on here. They turned out so well! Don't Chris and I have such a cutie nephew and niece?

Hope everyone has a great day! Love, Chris & Lisa





No comments:
Post a Comment