Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Plans Gone Awry

Last Tuesday Elianna started complaining of a sore throat.  To be specific, she woke up crying that morning saying her throat hurt.  You know those times when you don't know what is best and right and really what you should do?  Yeah, it was one of those times.  By Wednesday evening, her throat didn't hurt that bad (could have just been the desire to see her friend too) so we still headed to our Gospel Community group.  Oh my... looking back, I feel so bad that she was around other kids.  

By Friday morning, I knew after 3 days of missing school, a doctor's visit was in order.  One look and a diagnosis of strep throat.  Poor girl!  She is now on amoxicillin (with red dye - help me now!) until next Saturday.  After her very first dosage, she told me that "the medicine wasn't helping because her throat still hurt her!"  Ah yes, if only it was that easy.

Needless to say, we spent last week snuggling and resting.  I'm not sure if it's just the thought of someone close (personal space close sometimes) having a sore throat, but Chris and I both felt sure we had sore throats too.  Thankfully we don't have sore throats - just active imaginations!

This week we have been in Nebraska visiting a church and sharing with them our church planting goals.  We are excited that they will be partnering with us and sending down people to help us as we start.  It's exciting to see things moving along!  


An unexpected sight on our way to Nebraska

Just when I'm sure things are going to go along to "plan" (ha!), something happens and everything changes.  We're learning to be flexible and rely on the fact that there is a beautiful picture being made.  I always like to think of a quilt or cross-stitch picture.  One side the strings are all crazy and make no sense and on the other side is a beautiful picture!  Every once in a while we get a glimpse of the other side but boy oh boy I can't wait to someday see all of that beautiful picture.


No comments: