Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Operation Christmas Child

I guess you could say we did our first day of our Advent Calendar ... a month early ... and sorta not really.  While we were in Mitchell Nebraska, the church we were visiting was wrapping up their Operation Christmas Child drive and we decided to take part.  On Tuesday evening, while Chris and I had a meeting with the Elders of the church, Elianna stayed home with our hostess, Teresa, who helped her put together the Operation Christmas Child box.

Some days Elianna is a tough little girl with a very strong will and attitude.  But there are the days that my heart simply melts at her sweet sweet spirit.  She was so excited to go to the store and buy items for a child who normally would not get Christmas presents.  She was so excited to look at all the stuff we had bought.  She was so excited to put the box together.  

Teresa helped her fill out the "About Me" sheet that goes in the box.  My favorite part is the answer to  "I love Jesus because".  She said "I love Jesus because He is Him.  I pray to Him when I am scared or sad."  







I'm praying that the little girl who gets this box will write back to Elianna.  I think it would be a wonderful thing for Elianna to see just how thankful someone can be for just a small box of items this Christmas.

No comments: