Friday, March 15, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Apparently it's becoming "the thing to do" and posting events way after they happened.  Such is the fate of Valentine's Day 2013.


Just like last year, on the 14 days leading up to Valentine's Day, I gave Elianna little gifts.  This year I gave Chris "Love Coupons."  I noticed it was a teensy bit harder to buy things for Elianna that cost about $1 (and that would fit inside her Valentine's box).  A couple of times, I had to hide them behind my back and then give them to her when she opened the box and found nothing.  Some of the items I gave her were:  nail polish, a body-less doll (it's for hair styling I believe), socks, Valentine's Day shirt, nail accessories (file, toe dividers for painting toes, etc), a craft, lip gloss and hair clips.  She loved them all!






Chris had to work Valentine's Day morning, so Elianna and I surprised him at work by bringing him a donut.  Weird thing about the donut store:  it is open from 5:30 am - 2 pm.  When we got there at 9 am, there was only 1 tray of plain glazed donuts left.  It must have been a super busy morning for them!  All that donut love!


Dinner was unfortunately delayed a bit with Chris working on counseling a family, but it was well worth the wait!  We had Kaytucky Chicken, roasted asparagus, and homemade chocolate pudding.  


Chris surprised us both with flowers - tulips for me and bright and colorful daisy along with a balloon for Elianna.



No comments: