In additional to the Laura Ingalls Wilder "blizzard" this weekend, we had also gotten some white stuff the week before and then we got a bit Tuesday also. I love the snow when it is still white and fluffy and fun to walk around in, but once it starts melting, I'm not at all fond of it. It turns our backyard into one giant mud puddle that Harley romps around and gets all muddy. In order to avoid a carpet crisis, his feet have to be washed and dried off before he comes inside. It's not a big deal to do .... unless it's still super cold outside and then there you are washing paws off in freezing cold water. Then it becomes a process. Ah! The joys of living in Colorado!
We did get a chance to play in some of the snow and go sledding before Elianna came down with the crud. She and Chris went down the sledding hill first and got a little freaked out with the snow flying up into her face. The second time down, I tied my scarf around her face making the experience a bit better. However, by the third time she was done and wanted no part of sledding down the hill. In order to get down, her and I had to walk/slide down on our hindquarters. Not so fun. Maybe by next year she will have forgotten the snow in the face part and enjoy it a bit more.
Friday, March 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment