Monday, September 13, 2010

Elianna's Birthday Party

We celebrated Elianna's birthday on the Saturday after her actual birthday. It was a beautiful yet very windy day! So windy that we could not put on the tablecloths and some of the decorations up. At first I was very disappointed but then I reminded myself that 1) I have a 1 year old healthy daughter and 2) it wasn't raining. Put into perspective - it was an awesome day!

Once again, I did not do a good job with taking pictures. Oh boy. I think maybe if I had a "cooler newer sleeker" camera, I would take more pictures?!? Maybe? Probably not. None the less I do still need a new camera. Anyway... We had about 75 people come out to celebrate Elianna's 1st birthday! It was alot of fun and we are so thankful to have so many that love Elianna!


Grace is just 2 weeks older than Elianna.


A birthday kiss from her nursery buddy, Mason.


Jaden is also just a little older than Elianna.

A friend of the Koenig's made the cakes for us. They were beautiful ... and huge! So huge, we had a whole cake leftover! For Elianna, Mrs. Butler made a small one. Elianna is so funny with it! She looks at me as if to say "It's ok that I eat this with my hands? I won't get in trouble? Really?!?" Then she very delicately takes small pieces and smashes it into her mouth. She sure likes that sugar high!




Because Elianna, at the ripe old age of 1, does not need her own personal toy store, we asked guests if they would like to bring a gift, to bring a small unopened toy to be given to the kids at The Children's Hospital in Philadelphia. Those kids got some cool stuff!


No comments: